This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Cody Bateson

Birthplace: Syracuse, N.Y.

Year: Junior (transferred)

Major: Journalism

Single/Taken: Single

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Cody Bateson is a person who loves to write and is very much into the music scene. Being a Taurus, it is no surprise that he has a cool, calm, and collected exterior with a reputation for being social. This week’s Man Crush Monday goes to the very likeable, Cody Bateson!

How would you describe yourself?

Quiet (until talked to), friendly, and outgoing.

How has being from Syracuse affected who you are?

My graduating class was 800 people which has made me more outgoing.

Do you have any pet peeves?

I have very obsessive compulsive tendencies and need to know where things are and that they are in their place (like remote controls, etc.).

Are you an active person? Do you like playing sports?

Yeah. I played soccer, lacrosse, and track during high school.

What are your hobbies?

I’m into the music scene (mostly punk) and going to concerts.

What concerts have you gone to?

Fall Out Boy and A Day To Remember.

What’s the most important thing you have to do to get started for your day?

I have to eat breakfast. I know it’s cliché, but I need breakfast.

What place do you want to visit the most?

Sicily, Italy.. My grandfather and mom’s side of the family is from there.

What is your dream job?

I’m very indecisive. I love to write, though, so maybe I’d enjoy writing for a magazine about sports or music.

Who inspires you the most?

My grandma because she lost her husband at a young age. She is one of the strongest people I know. She is very happy, friendly and taught me to persevere.

Describe your sense of style:

Punk. I don’t know …  Is that a style?

*Yeah, of course it’s a style!*

What do you want to get out of college?

A degree and a job of course. But I also want to learn life experiences.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m planning to join The Oswegonian.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

I look for faithfulness and a girl who’s fun to be around.

Boxers or briefs?

What’s the difference between boxers and briefs? Haha, this is embarrassing, let me search it up (quickly looks through phone). OK, yeah … Briefs.

I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!
Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.