Chrissy Britt: Campus Recreation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

You have probably seen Chrissy Britt walking around the soccer fields or in and out of Lee Hall. If you have, you would suspect her of being a veteran of Campus Recreation, but surprisingly enough, this Campus Celebrity has only been a part of Campus Recreation for about a year now.

Chrissy Britt is the intramural supervisor over at Lee Hall, overseeing the sports, participants and even fellow employees. You can find her writing down stats, goofing off with her fellow employees, and keeping the players from getting too out of line. Don’t worry if her at ease personality and witty charm take your breath away – this celebrity is CPR, first aid and AED certified.

Though Chrissy is a business administrative major, she is not all business. She enjoys watching movies and jamming out to a little country music on the side. When she is not supervising sports, she can be found playing them with her friends, or just watching them on the ol’ boob tube. While she has a passion for sports, she is realistic about her future, keeping her focused on her business major and international business minor.

Studies and Campus Recreation are not the only things Chrissy is known for. Just ask among her friends and they will all say the same thing: “Mom.” Chrissy is known as mom among her closest friends. Always staying level headed and responsible, she is there to take care of her friends. Chrissy is compassionate about the people in her life, which is maybe the reason she is such a commodity at her job.

No matter the weather, Chrissy can be found supporting the intramural sports, so take some time to stop by Lee Hall and say hi to our Campus Celebrity.

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.