This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

With the recent end of Black History Month and the start of Women’s History Month, what better time to curate a list of black women owned businesses to shop from. Though no matter the month, we should be supporting black women artists and black women owned businesses year round!

1. helloeana on Etsy – If you are that person that can’t leave the house without a statement pair of earrings to complete your OOTD, this shop is for you. They sell minimalistic handmade polymer clay earrings in an array of colors, patterns, and styles. With over 500 sales and a five star rating, you can bet it is quality jewelry.  

handmade polymer clay jewelry by helloeana on Etsy

2. Nola Skinsentials (@nolaskinsentials on Instagram) – Want your skin to glow from within? This vegan, plant based, hand-crafted skincare line based out of Atlanta, not only sells bomb skincare but is eco-friendly, using only glass reusable packaging. I have personally purchased a multitude of their products (seriously, I need to be stopped) which are now all staples in my routine. Nola is constantly creating new collections and sets monthly featuring cleansers, masks, scrubs and more. In addition to this, they sell body products, men skincare, and sample sizes of almost all their products so you don’t have to commit to a full size product off the bat. Nola’s website has a skin quiz, the results tell you which of their products would work best for your skin type taking all the guesswork out. 

Nolaskinsentials | Vegan Skincare For Millennials

3. Nomé (@nomeofficial on Instagram) – In 2020, crochet style clothing made a comeback from the 70s fashion trend but with a modern twist. Nomé sells handmade crochet style clothing; tops, sweaters, pants, shorts, dresses, sets, bathing suits, coverups, masks, and hats. The coolest part about this brand is that the owner, Naomi Marie has a YouTube channel (link in bio) with videos of tutorials on how to make crochet clothing! 

NOMÉ (@nomeofficial) • Instagram photos and videos

4. LovelyEarthlings On Etsy – This adorable shop based out of Louisville, Kentucky sells art prints, tote bags, and greeting cards so it’s perfect to purchase gifts for loved ones or decorating your college pad. They have over 6,000 sales and a five star rating and you have the option to request a custom order!

Art Prints Tote Bags Greeting Cards by LovelyEarthlings on Etsy

Sam is a Business Administration major with an Entrepreneurship minor in her junior year at SUNY Oswego. She loves animals (especially cats), makeup, retail therapy, sunsets, iced coffee, and rewatching The Office.
Kailey is a Senior who double-majors in English and Adolescent Education. She has been a writer from the time she could hold a pencil and an aspiring teacher since 1st grade. She currently substitute teaches at a preschool and hopes to teach ELA and Creative Writing to high schoolers in the future. Kailey is an fervent reader, runner, and yogi who is happiest when laughing with loved ones or eating something full of sugar!