This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

SUNY Oswego has something big in store for their students this year. The Student Association Programming Board (SAPB) and Student Association have announced that the university will be holding their first annual Ozfest on May 8.

SAPB is an organization run by students that works to develop, coordinate and promote programming events that benefit SUNY Oswego students. The Student Association is similar to SAPB with the purpose of engaging and empowering the student body.

This year they have worked to bring together four big acts that will have the audience at the edge of their seats. Performing in the Marano Campus Center Arena are Timeflies, B.O.B., Mac Miller and Big Sean.

With these four acts, the crowd will have a mixture of different music genres including pop, hip hop, electronic, dance and rap.

It has also been announced that the advanced ticket price will be extended for another week starting Mar. 23. Students may continue to purchase one ticket with a valid student ID for $45 and will also be able to purchase two additional tickets at $60 a ticket until Mar. 29. Prices will then increase to $60 for students until the day of the performance.

All tickets can be purchased at the SUNY Oswego Box Office Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

On Monday, Mar. 30 tickets will go on sale to the general public for $85. These tickets will be available online, by phone or at the Box Office as well.

The President of Student Association at SUNY Oswego, Tucker Sholtes, said that more updates regarding Ozfest would be sent to students via email as the program continues to develop.

But until then, students should mentally prepare for what is going to be a memorable night.