Beth Krise ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

She is a transfer student who has had no trouble making friends due to her incredible personality and genuine nature. Taking the position as one of the sweetest girls you’ll ever meet, it is no wonder that she has a boyfriend of over two years. He’s not going to let such a great catch go! With dazzling blue eyes, an adorably unique giggle, and the art skills to match Picasso, she is one heck of a girl. So please welcome this week’s campus cutie, Beth Krise!  

Name: Beth Krise

Class: 2015

Age: 19

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Major: Art History

Minor: Museum Studies and Medieval and Renaissance Studies

Hometown: Elmira, N.Y.

Where did you transfer from? Corning Community College

Why did you choose Oswego State University? Because they have the degree program that I wanted and I liked that it was right on the lake. The lake is so beautiful here in Oswego.

What do you love most about art? I love the stories behind the art. The stories and backgrounds that inspired people to create such wonderful works of art are so interesting.

How many tattoos do you have? What are they of? I have three tattoos. I have a crescent moon with Celtic knots inside of it on my hip, a lyric on my collar bone and a quote in Latin on my thigh.

Is there one that is especially meaningful to you? The one on my collar bone is most meaningful to me because it was my very first tattoo. Before I got it, I was scared that I was going to regret it but as soon as it was done I loved it.

What extracurricular activities do you participate in? I like to do community service. My roommate and I actually just volunteered at an event working with children in town a couple of weekends ago.

What is your favorite movie? Harry Potter….. Any of the Harry Potters…. O.K. the whole series!

What is your biggest pet peeve? Hypocrites and intolerance really bother me.

Who has the most influence on your life and why? Hmm… probably my mom because she is one of the strongest people I know. She always knows how to deal with things and she is so smart. I know I can always go to her for help and I DO always go to her for help.

Who is your celeb crush? Jake Gyllenhaal!

How did you meet your boyfriend? He was in one of my classes in high school and one of his best friends was one of my good friends. The three of us all started hanging out one day after class and we just hit it off. After getting to know each other we started dating and we have been together for two and a half years now.

What is your favorite thing to do with Kyle? We like to hiking. We really enjoy finding new places to walk around and explore together.