This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

This is the point in the semester where I always begin to feel like an emotionless machine. I feel like it takes about 6 weeks for the routine to get old and exhausting. But there’s no point in letting all of my responsibilities wear me down! I’m constantly forcing myself to see the silver linings and you should too! Gratitude can be life-altering and I’ve been generally happier since I’ve started reminding myself of the positives in my life daily. I encourage everyone to take time to write down, tell a friend, or simply think about a few things they are grateful for every day. Train your brain to see the good! Even though it is hard, recentering yourself with gratitude will improve your life. Here are a few things I’m thankful for worded in a way that helps me reframe my brain when I’m feeling tested.

The days are getting longer! I am so thankful that we are getting more hours of sunlight and I feel energized by the daylight.

Although I am busy and sometimes overwhelmed by all the new things I have to do, these experiences are making me better. I am thankful for all of the opportunities I have been offered. One day I will be glad that I went through all of these learning periods. I know that everything I do during this time is getting me closer to my dream life.

I am thankful for the people in my life. I am very fortunate to have my family and friends. Whether we talk every day or once a month, I have a small circle that I know I can lean on at any given moment. These people will be there for me even when I’m less than perfect and for that I am blessed.

I’m grateful for my body and my health. I love to move and I am amazed by everything my body can do. Even when I feel run down and too tired to workout or even fuel my body properly, I can be thankful for it and the way it keeps me going each day. 

Kailey is a Senior who double-majors in English and Adolescent Education. She has been a writer from the time she could hold a pencil and an aspiring teacher since 1st grade. She currently substitute teaches at a preschool and hopes to teach ELA and Creative Writing to high schoolers in the future. Kailey is an fervent reader, runner, and yogi who is happiest when laughing with loved ones or eating something full of sugar!