This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Check him out ladies and gents! If you’re looking for a guy with a good sense of humor and a house that you can hang out at in between classes, you’re in luck. Meet Asa Stackel, this week’s Campus Cutie. If he looks familiar, it’s probably because you’ve seen him nightly on WTOP or reporting for 7-News out of Watertown, NY. Asa loves sports, fishing and even cleaning, so reel him in and just maybe he’ll sweep you off your feet.

Name: Asa Stackel

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Copenhagen, NY

Major/Minor & Why:  Broadcasting with a minor in Business Administration. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do, so I decided to go into television news and do a little bit of everything. Business Administration because my house is really close to Rich Hall. 

Hobbies:  Playing soccer, fishing, skiing, making awkward eye contact, and cleaning.

Graduation Year: December 2012

Involvement on Campus: I play club soccer, I anchor, report, produce, and do sports at WTOP, and I’ve played every intramural sport…excluding badminton.  

Goals: 
1.) Graduate
2.) Anchor “CBS This Morning”
3.) Get married and carry on the Stackel name
4.) Live a life worth living
5.) Die satisfied

Dream Job: SportsCenter Anchor 

Relationship Status: Single

What you look for in a girl:  A girl who gets my jokes and I can really talk to.  She has to know how to move… I guess they call it coordination. I’m a sucker for a girl with good hand-eye. A love for travel and a taste for country music is recommended, but not required.

What’s your favorite color? Red: The color of love, the Republican Party, and raw steak. What’s not to like?

What’s something random not a lot of people know about you?  You might not be able to tell by looking at me, but I can run really, really fast.

What’s your favorite food? A lobster roll with a bowl of clam chowder. Why? I guess its genetic, I come from a long line of lobstermen.  

Things you like best about Oswego: Everybody likes to have a good time. No matter who you are, or what major, I’ll see you out, getting down on a Friday night.  

Who would you want to play you in a movie?  James Bond. Do I really need to explain?

If you had a superpower, what would it be?  If I had a superpower, hmmm. Telescopic vision.  I have like 20/10 vision in one eye, tell me that’s not a superhuman turn on.

I am from a small town outside of Syracuse, New York. In high school, I ran Cross Country and track where I competed in the 100m hurdles, 4x1, 200m and many other events. I now attend SUNY Oswego and I am majoring in journalism and anthropology. I have recently added a minor in health science because of my passion for health and fitness. Last semester, I wrote a health and fitness blog for Her Campus Oswego. I currently work as a personal trainer on campus. I love readings, writing, skiing, running, and I am a major shop-aholic! KM <3