jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Movies on Netflix You Need to Watch Before Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Spooky season is finally here! That means it’s time to sip your pumpkin spice latte (or whatever fall beverage you prefer), grab some fuzzy socks, and binge-watch some scary movies. Being a lover of Halloween and horror movies, I decided to hunt  Netflix for the best ones they have to offer to watch this year.

1.”The Shining”

This classic horror movie will leave you questioning how much you can take before you go off the deep end. You also can’t forget about these iconic creepy twins.

2. “Mostly Ghostly”

It’s not Halloweentown, but Disney can do no wrong.

3. “Children of the Corn”

Stephen King, the king of horror. What’s scarier than killer kids?

4. “Coraline”

This movie may be animated, but that doesn’t make it any less eerie. Be careful what you wish for, or else you may end up with button eyes.

5. “Scream 4”

It’s not as good as the original three, but at least it has Emma Roberts.

6. “Scooby Doo”

Of course I saved the best for last. Is anyone else wondering when Universal Studios is going to build a Spooky Island?

Sam is a Business Administration major with an Entrepreneurship minor in her junior year at SUNY Oswego. She loves animals (especially cats), makeup, retail therapy, sunsets, iced coffee, and rewatching The Office.
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.