jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Most Underrated One Direction Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s been 1062 days since One Direction announced that they were having a brief hiatus, breaking millions of hearts across the globe and signaling an end of an era. 1D is (and will always be, in my opinion) an iconic band, one that was actually and genuinely very good, as well as an important part in so many young people’s’ lives growing up. The five albums they released over a span of six years were all so good, giving us classic hits like “What Makes You Beautiful,” “Steal My Girl”, “History,” and so many others.

But what about those songs that weren’t necessarily mainstream, but were still so good? Well, if you’ve been in the #feels over your fab fivesome lately, here are the top five One Direction tracks (excluding the singles) that are severely underrated.

1. Stole My Heart, from “Up All Night”

This was one of the first One Direction songs I ever listened to and honestly, it goes OFF. I’d have no shame asking the DJ to play this at the club.

2. I Would, from “Take Me Home”

This track was always one of my favorites from the TMH era. It made my sixteen-year-old self all giddy and smiley about love, wondering when Niall was going to put a ring on my finger. (Confession: I am still waiting for this day to happen).

3. Something Great, from “Midnight Memories”

This was one of THE cutest songs on this album, no one @ me.

4. Spaces, from “FOUR”

Before Zayn left the band, I used to listen to this song on repeat in my car, and I always *lowkey* wondered if this was written not about a relationship, but about the band and who was going to leave first. I guess we all know the answer to that now.

5. Never Enough, from “Made in the A.M.”

This song is probably my favorite One Direction song of all time. I love dancing around my kitchen to this track with friends and family, not having a care in the world. It’s definitely one of those songs that you can’t help but dance to when it’s on.

Out of all the One Direction songs, it was hard to pick just five that I felt deserved some more TLC, especially when I think that every single song they’ve released is the best tbh.

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media. 
Melissa Lee

Oswego '19

CC Melissa is a senior journalism major with a double minor in creative writing and political science at SUNY Oswego. She loves music, makeup, dogs, and napping. 95% of the time she can be found drinking way too much coffee or finding new music on Spotify.