Top 3 American Horror Story Seasons to Binge This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

The week before Halloween I always need a quick and easy boost to get myself in the spirit. “American Horror Story” is an easy fix to get me scared and ready for Halloween weekend. In my opinion these are the best three seasons to binge during Halloween Week.

Season One: “Murder House”

Call it cliché but nothing will ever top the ever so infamous Season One of “American Horror Story”. This season encapsulates the week before Halloween slow burn leading up to a spooky time. This season is perfect for those who do not love intense horror but are craving that edge-of-your-seat thrill of diving into the unknown. Not to mention this season has multiple last minute costume ideas as well as so many iconic characters.

“Murder House” is an amazing conversation starter with many Halloween lovers and is bound to set the tone for a frightening Halloween weekend.

Season two: “Coven”

Can you have Halloween without witches? Season Three of “American Horror Story” is THE Halloween season, giving a fabricated and dramatized background of the Salem Witch Trials. All that being, said this season does an amazing job of taking the Halloween realm we grew up with, AKA witches and magic, and adding a more mature and realistic spin on it, which is what frightens the viewer. 

Binging this season will make you curious about the history of witches while also making you laugh out loud. “Coven” is the perfect season to watch while searching the internet for your last minute costume needs.

Season eight: “Apocalypse”

“Apocalypse” is, by far, the scariest of these three seasons as it incorporates both the storylines from Season One and Three as well as a scarier plotline. This season takes in a nuclear apocalypse that forces the iconic characters from “Murder House” and “Coven” to work together. 

Not only do you get the Halloween aspect of the supernatural and witches, this season incorporates the end of the world. A fan-favorite and an appropriate scary take on evil attaching itself to a person and never letting go. “Apocalypse” is the perfect season to binge with all the lights off on Halloween night, perfectly creating an underlying thrill while also tying up the loose ends of the other seasons.

My name is Peyton D'Arcy and I am a first year student at The Ohio State University. I am studying Political Science, I love to write, read, bake, and watch new shows and movies.