My favorite pair of spandex are the ones picture above. I got them at Dick’s Sporting Goods, and couldn’t believe how comfortable they were. Ironically, I had hardly any spandex for the short time I played volleyball on a team, and now, when I no longer play, I have plenty of the stretchy stuff!
1. I have no shame. I’ve talked to a lot of girls who don’t like spandex for different reasons, but a lot of the time they don’t think they can pull it off. Sometimes we are a lot more critical of our bodies than we ought to be, and if you still are worried, you can always wear a bigger shirt on top.
2. I find spandex extremely comfortable. It’s like having an extra layer of skin that moves freely with the normal motion of your body. A lot of female tennis players rock the skirts/skorts for the same reasons—spandex doesn’t reject movement; it flows with the movement.
3. I like the colors. Spandex is fun because it is colorful to the max. Between the neons and prints, what’s not to love?
4. It’s a hot item right now. Any workout store is pushing the tight stuff. A lot of professional athletes and athletic trainers have been using this fabulous material for a while, and while spandex definitely seems to have phases, I’m going to embrace it and rock it for as long as I can!
5. It’s super breathable. Since you’re not technically supposed to wear underwear with spandex, the material and color is thick enough that it hides that.
6. It comes in different lengths. I’m a fan of the just-below-the-knee capri style as well as the shorts. Plenty of clothing distributers offer pants as well.
7. It’s cute! There are so many options when it comes to cut and style of spandex. I definitely recommend trying it on before buying in order to find the style that best flatters you.
8. It doesn’t get caught on things. If you have ever watched the Tour de France, all of the guys competing are wearing a lethal amount of spandex. That’s because not only is it more aero friendly, it also won’t get caught on their pedals, seats, etc. If you’re simply going to spinning class or doing some weight machines at the gym, it will be the perfect asset!
9. I feel a little more legit. Like I’ve mentioned, lots of pro athletes wear spandex. Jillian Michaels has been a big inspiration to me, and she’s always rocking the tight wear!
10. Its uses go beyond just working out. Lots of girls I’ve seen around campus are rocking a yoga-style spandex pant inside and outside of the gym. It looks uber-cute layered with a worn-in pullover hoodie or a trim technical fabric shirt to show the world just how athletic you are (and how cute you can look while doing it!). I also wore one of my bright colored spandex to a “tight and bright”-themed sorority party—so much fun!
Photo Credits: http://www.vbsuperstore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/s/asics-citrus-short-orange.jpg