The Top 10 Gifts for Girls This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and this year, Her Campus at Ohio State wants to help you find the perfect gift for your mom, grandma, significant other, best friend or any other special lady in your life. Whether you want something cute, cozy, customized or handmade, we’ve got you covered!

Flowers 

The most cliché and stereotypical gift besides a box of chocolates for your special someone is a beautiful bouquet of flowers, but it is a staple for a reason. Luckily, the University Flower Shop on South Campus is the perfect place for Ohio State students. This year, they are running a Valentine’s Day pick-up special, which makes it easy to grab the perfect bouquet. They are located at 254 W. 10th Ave, right next to Adriatico’s Pizza. 

Check out their website for more details.

Cycling Membership

This one is for the active girl in your life! A membership to a cycling studio is the perfect gift for those who like to stay fit and get their sweat on. Cycle614 is near the Ohio State campus, so it is perfect for any Buckeye that needs a studio to go to! Cycle614 is located at 1636 Northwest Blvd., which is not a far drive (or walk) from main campus. Prices vary depending on how many classes you purchase, so this one is flexible for every budget.

You can visit their website for more information!

Satin Pajama Set

Comfy, soft and pretty — everything a girl could want in a matching pajama set can be found at Target! This chic red pajama set is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Because classes are virtual, pajamas are absolutely appropriate to wear during your lecture, and these are perfect for rolling out of bed and still looking stylish.

To make things even better, there is a Target immediately off-campus, located at 1892 N. High St. If you would rather order online, Target offers free shipping when you spend $35 or more.

Candle

No, this isn’t just any old candle you can buy at any old store. This is a handmade candle you created just for them. At The Candle Lab, located at 751 N. High St., you can combine whatever fragrances you think they would like and pick out the perfect jar just for them. This is a unique and sentimental gift and will be their one-of-a-kind candle.

Visit The Candle Lab’s website to book an appointment!

Essential Oil Diffuser

This makes a perfect gift for the girl in your life who needs some relaxation. Aromatherapy is a great way to relieve stress (and make any dorm room smell good, because candles aren’t allowed)! Amazon has some great diffusers for any budget, and they also have a variety of essential oil sets to choose from, because they are sold separately from the diffuser.

Here is a perfect diffuser that is affordable and cute, and here is a beginner set of essential oils.

Yoga Mat

For the yogis in your life, or for someone who is just starting out, a yoga mat is a great gift. They come in a variety of colors and prices, so you can find the perfect one for your person.

Here is one from Target that is cute and affordable. Lululemon has quality mats that are also cute, but they come with a heftier price tag. If you really want to splurge, here is one that would make a great gift.

Function of Beauty Shampoo and Conditioner

Talk about one-of-a-kind! Function of Beauty allows every girl to custom-blend the shampoo and conditioner that will work the best with their hair type. Though it was previously sold exclusively online, Target is now carrying Function of Beauty. Make the perfect gift for her by creating the ideal hair duo she didn’t know she needed!

Visit the Function of Beauty website or check out Function of Beauty at Target.

Kendra Scott Necklace 

For the fashion-lover, pick out a beautiful piece of Kendra Scott jewelry that she is sure to love. Kendra Scott even has a Hearts Collection, which is perfect for Valentine’s Day. I mean, come on, how cute is this necklace?

Homemade Photo Box 

Sometimes homemade gifts are the most meaningful because they show you put time and effort into procuring the perfect gift. This is a fun idea that involves some craft skills, and it may require some extra time, but the end product is super cute!

Here is a link to a DIY tutorial if you need a good starting point.

Slippers

Last, but certainly not least, is a super cozy gift to get for someone who loves to cuddle up on the couch and watch Netflix during the winter.

These Minnetonka slippers from American Eagle are super affordable, and they look so warm! They also come in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect pair.

Hi! My name is Emma and I'm a freshman at Ohio State. I'm majoring in Health Sciences as a pre-med and I have a minor in Fashion and Retail Studies.