Tom O’Neill ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Shaker Heights, Ohio (also known as the hometown of famous celebrities such as Kid Cudi and Paul Newman)

Major: English…I consider myself very loquacious

Activities: Basketball, reading constantly, studying often, being in a state of adoration for the Big Lebowski

HC: What is your secret to getting such shiny hair?
TO: I am on a low protein diet.

HC: What shampoo do you use?
TO: I am a fan of Pantene Pro-V, but no matter what I always make sure to rub my head with hot sauce daily.

HC: What would your e-harmony account say about you?
TO: It would include things like how I love to laugh, I am fun to be around, I am rather wellspoken, extremely caring, and I have a long tongue.

HC: What kind of girls are you attracted to?
TO: In regards to their personal appearance, I really enjoy a girl who has kankles, lazy eyes, droopy mouth, drooling, and muffin-tops.  A mustache is always a plus.  A girl does not have to have all of these characteristics for me to appreciate their appearance but if you have the whole package then that would be great.

HC: Tell me something interesting about yourself.
TO: Well besides the fact that after 18 years of believing that I was a purebred Irish boy, I have come to find out I am not 100% Irish (which has been hard for me to cope with), I am also very fascinated by dubstep music.

HC: What is something you love?
TO: I love school.

HC: If you could hang out with anyone who would it be and why?
TO: I would hang out with Ernest Hemingway because I loved his book, Moveable Feast, and I really supported the way he lived his life—that is, before his tragic self-inflicted death.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.