Studying for Finals as Told by Kim K

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

We are on the brink of summer, Collegiettes! Unfortunately, as break is approaching so is the dreaded finals week and the gruesome days leading up to it. 

Today Her Campus brings you the Eight Stages of Studying featuring your good friend and ours, Kim Kardashian.

Stage 1: Complete Avoidance – Finals? What finals? You clearly only have summer plans on the brain and any upcoming exams are nowhere near your thoughts. Why don’t you just start studying tomorrow..or next week? 

Stage 2: The First Attempt – You finally take out those study guides and review PowerPoints only to be reminded that you barely remember anything. You’re asking yourself what all of this information even means and when exactly you even learned it. Time to cram in four months’ worth of information in three days? Bring it.

Stage 3: The Breakdown – You are 30 minutes into your first study sesh and things are not going as you planned. Maybe you should have taken better notes? Maybe you should not have skipped as many classes? Maybe you should stop online shopping and actually start reading? Either way, you are feelin’ the pressure. 

Stage 4: Does This Even Matter? – Here’s the part where you start to wonder why you are even taking this exam. Will this grade even matter? Sure it shows your professors that you have memorized the information, but does it show the real you? Your fab personality, great jokes, and fly crafting skills? You’re probably thinking no.

Stage 5: The Buddy System – Clearly studying solo is not working out, so naturally you round up a few of your besties to keep yourself motivated. Most often than not, this usually leads to discussing anything and everything..except for academics/work/finals/school, etc. Suddenly every other topic in the world seems more interesting and you guys really start to ask the hard-hitting questions…

Stage 6: Academics Shmacademics – What better time to plan your entire summer break..and every summer break until you graduate then right now? And while you’re at it, why don’t you start imagining your entire life plan that most certainly would not involve any sort of work. Life is more than lectures and grades!

Stage 7: The Snack Break – Well, you are swiftly approaching the 45 minute mark (Yep, it’s not even an hour yet. I know.) and it’s obviously time for a study break. A study snack is calling your name and since you’ve just put in so much hard work, you feel that you gotta treat yo’ self. Aka time to order every deliverable food online (twice). Who cares, it’s finals week and studying is your cardio.

Stage 8: When It Starts to Go Down (In Flames).. – Just as the one hour mark hits on the clock, you are all gossiped out with your gal pals and you have run out of snacks. What a perfect time to pack up and take a nap? You’ll pick up where you left off tomorrow…maybe…we’ll see.

No matter what stage you’re at, ladies, keep on persevering and working hard! We at Her Campus are sending you all lots of luck! So grab your computer, hit the library, and get to it! 

GIFS courtesy of Tumblr and Keeping up with the Kardashians