Stephen Kelley, ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Meet OSU’s Campus Cutie of the week, Stephen Kelley.  This tall, dark, and handsome sophomore is the definition of a perfect catch: a true romantic at heart, eternally loyal to America’s Favorite Pastime (baseball, for all those who already mistake that as football), an unending passion for the greatest university in the US of A, and a hard-working server at Sloopy’s Diner.  With dreams of becoming a lawyer or entrepreneur, the brains to get himself there, and the swoon-worthy looks to keep him there, a successful future is undoubtedly on this cutie’s horizon.  Smart hire, Sloopy’s–with servers like Stephen, you sure know how to bring in the customers!

Name: Stephen Kelley

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Monroe, OH

Major: History

Relationship Status: Single

Involvement on Campus:I’m a Slooperstar at Sloopy’s Diner.

HC:  What is your favorite thing about OSU?
SK:  I love the people.  The majority of the people that go to Ohio State are extremely passionate and obnoxious about the university.  I’m the same way.

HC:  What is your least favorite thing about OSU?
SK:  Drunk freshmen that I have to serve at 3 AM at Sloopy’s Diner.

HC:  What is your favorite pastime?
SK:  Baseball!  It’s dying in this country because people these days find it extremely boring.  I’ve played my whole life and can’t get enough of it.

HC:  Describe your ideal girl.
SK:  In terms of looks, I don’t really have an ideal girl.  I like a girl who knows she’s beautiful, but can keep that in check and not be a snob.  Pretty girls are a dime a dozen; it’s the girls that are down to earth and can relate to me that keep my attention.

HC:  What are your turnoffs?
SK:  Smoking and being stuck up.

HC:  What would you do on your dream date?
SK:  It’s a little cliché, but I would love a date on the beach.  We’d pack our food and some wine and just find a spot where we could be alone and watch the sunset.  I think the best dates happen when you can block out everybody else in the world and get caught up in your partner and enjoy the moment.

HC:  What is one thing you want to do before you graduate?
SK:  I would love to travel the world.  It’s always been an ambition of mine, and hopefully Ohio State gives me the opportunity to travel somewhere exotic where the weather is warm and the women are gorgeous.

HC:  Where will you be in five years?
SK:  Hopefully, I’ll be gainfully employed and happy with the woman of my dreams.

HC:  What is one fun fact about yourself?
SK:  I’m convinced I’m the most incredible singer in the world, but only in the comfort of my truck, or shower.

HC:  If you could meet anyone on earth, who would it be?
SK:  I would love to meet the guy from the Dos Equis commercials because he is the most interesting man in the world.

HC:  Is there anything about your college experience that you would have done differently?
SK:  So far college has been a blast, but I would’ve gotten myself out of bed a few more times my freshman year to go to class.

HC:  What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?
SK:  Although your education here comes first and foremost, don’t be afraid to let loose and have fun.  You can’t do the things you can do now when you’re 30 and 40 and so on.  Make friends, make memories, and make sure you never forget your years here at The Ohio State University.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.