Spring Semester: What to do…besides study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes! With winter break behind us and lengthy papers and finals before us, we begin another semester, while simultaneously beginning our countdown to spring break (48 days, 34 if you only count week days! And that’s not including future snow days we may, but probably won’t have). But before you get lost in your ever-increasing piles of homework, be sure to take a second and assess what all you want to accomplish this semester!

As we know, OSU is a huge campus with so much ALWAYS going on and spring semester is the perfect time to try something new. Whether that be something you never thought to try or something you’ve been itching to do since September, on campus or off, now’s the perfect moment to delve right in! For me, I want to make a little more use out of the RPAC. With personal training, massage therapy, loads of fitness classes, and gobs more, it’s a shame that I completely neglected it last semester. Below, I’ve included a few more activities to keep this semester fun and interesting–even if we’re all frost-bitten!

• Go to a basketball game! They’re just as intense and spirited as the football games, but warmer. And you get to see Aaron Craft?! He’s a senior, ladies! Time is running out!
  • When the weather’s icky, go to a movie at The Gateway or an event at The Wexner Center with a group of friends. Events are constantly being updated, so there’s always something new to discover!
  • Grab a snack…or two or three…at the North Market. Be warned, however–if you have difficulty making decisions, finding a tasty treat there may be difficult. If you’re like me, you’ll want to try everything! And if you’re wallet’s like mine, you won’t be able to. If that’s the case, I recommend the macarons, first and foremost! The workers are so helpful and nice and you’ll learn something new while you pick out what treats you want…unless you’re not like me and already knew that a macaroon and a macaron are completely different. Equally delicious, but completely different.
  • Join a new Student Organization you didn’t have time for during autumn semester. Getting settled on campus can be a little hard and way hectic at the beginning of the year, but by now you may be looking to fill a little free time. Unfortunately, you just missed the Spring Involvement Fair (and didn’t get a chance to meet us at the Her Campus booth!), but you can still find a list of all the student orgs and their contact information at The Ohio Union website (http://ohiounion.osu.edu).
  • Lastly, keep your eyes peeled and your mind open to new things this semester, such as the Buckeyethon dance marathon, a popular and heart-wrenching event run by an OSU philanthropy aimed at ending childhood cancer, this February 14th-15th. I attended last year and the event changed my life! How? Why? You’ll just have to go and find out for yourself!

I could continue (like I said, there’s a lot to tackle on this busy campus of ours), but I think that’s more than enough to keep you ladies busy well into May! I hope you try a few of these suggestions and have a blast this semester…and excel in your classes, of course…that’s what we’re all here for! Sometimes I forget.

Image credit to columbusalive.com and ohiounion.osu.edu