Style > Beauty

Product Review: Bed Head’s Get Twisted™ Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Her Campus graced our chapter with this year’s Spring Survival Kit, and I had the incredible opportunity to test out some awesome products. When I surveyed the numerous bottles and sprays, I knew exactly which one I wanted to test out first.

Bed Head is known for their high-quality haircare products; from sprays to serums to shampoos, there’s something for everyone in this brand’s repertoire. The Get Twisted™Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray was the ideal choice for my hair, and I had high expectations from the start.

My hair is complicated. After a wash, it’s unmanageably thick and dry. It’s also the type of hair to get heavy and greasy in the blink of an eye, and I tend to toss it up in a high ponytail to combat the weight. While I have the hair texture of my mom (a coarse Italian mane), I have the coloring of my dad. My hair bleaches easily in the sun, and that color tends to last (albeit dulled) well into the winter. The result is a mix of variable textures and colors, meaning that the abundance of hair frizzes easily, and the length allows that to be very noticeable.

When I tried the Get Twisted™Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray, I used a typical business casual look to see how the product would actually work. I tend to notice the “messiness” of my hair when I’m trying to look put together, for interviews or events. This low ponytail style is a quick and easy staple for the young professional collegiette.

Gather the hair at the nape of the neck, and secure with an elastic. Pull a strand from the underside of the ponytail, and wrap it around the elastic, securing with a bobby pin beneath the elastic. If need be, tease sections of the hair toward the front, or the ponytail itself. Pulling out a few strands here and there can also de-intensify the sleek look.

I spritzed the finishing spray into my hair before styling and tousled it through. The first thing I noticed was the aroma that saturated my bathroom. This stuff smells amazing. It’s also lightweight, which is perfect for spring and summer styles. It doesn’t make the hair feel crunchy or oily, but it does the job of controlling the wayward strands prior to styling.

After I finished the look, I lightly coated the ponytail with the mist, and sprayed a bit onto my fingers to tame the baby hairs that frame my face. This product is perfectly versatile — weightless enough to blanket the whole head and not weigh it down, but also effective enough to manage the bitty hairs that can ruin any smooth style.

Bed Head’s Get Twisted™Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray is a great choice for all your styling needs, especially during the spring and summer heat!