OUAB: Events to Look Out For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Are you looking for a way to liven up your week, but are strapped for cash?  Look no further than the Ohio Union Activities Board website, where tons of free events are posted each day!  OUAB offers many amazing events and services that often go unnoticed, so don’t let your student activity fee go to waste.  For example, did you know that almost every Wednesday OUAB has “Flicks for Free” where you can watch recent movies like Argo, while chowing down on free popcorn and soda?  Or that on every Tuesday this semester you can take a kickboxing class in the Ohio Union?  I recently picked up my free ticket for Dr. Jane Goodall’s presentation, where she will be discussing her time spent with chimpanzees and other environmental issues on March 25 in the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom.  That event is still open, and you can get two tickets per BuckID.  Also, Saturday Night Live’s Bill Hader will be coming on April 15, so be sure to grab your free ticket to see him before they are gone! 

While not every OUAB event is completely free of charge, the rest are really great deals.  Staying in Columbus this summer?  Make sure to hit up OUAB for all your concert needs, as $15 tickets for the July 14 fun. concert will be made available on April 9 at 5 p.m. and $30 Bruno Mars tickets will be released on April 16, with the concert being held on July 10. 

Those events are just a few of many, check out www.ouab.osu.edu for a complete calendar!