This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

September brings a new school year, and with back-to-school season comes all the new hot trends. I am always obsessing over something, whether it be new trendy foods, fashion trends, or skincare products. So, cheers to a new school year, and here are my current obsessions!

1. Djerf Avenue

This brand has been up-and-coming for a few months now, but lately, it has been my absolute obsession and on every wish list of mine. Specifically, I love the fruit prints by them, especially the robes and pajamas. I got the pajamas in the fruit print this summer, and to say I live in them is an understatement. They are worth every penny, even though that would be an ample amount of pennies. They are as soft as butter and just the cutest set ever. Put this on your holiday wish list now; they are a must-have! The robe looks like an amazing piece, too, and I’m sure it’s as cozy as it looks. This brand is definitely pricey, but if you want to splurge, this is your sign to do it!

2. Hard Ciders

Okay, this is for my 21+ crew. I’ve been completely and utterly obsessed with any fall-flavored hard cider. Recently I tried my first-ever pumpkin ale cider, and wow. It was so delicious and brought all the fall vibes! If you aren’t 21 yet, I’m still obsessing over any apple cider or fall-flavored drink. They just hit different this time of year, and it’s never too early to ring in the fall festivities. 

3. Taco Tuesday

This is more of an event that I’m obsessed with, and as Lebron would tell you in high spirits, “It’s Taco Tuesday!” Follow his lead this fall, and make Taco Tuesday a tradition. Every Tuesday of college, my friends and I go to our favorite local taco restaurant, Plaza, to celebrate the weekly holiday. It has become our special time together and is such a fun way to spend time hanging out. It’s fun, filling and festive. Because what’s better than a lime margarita with a side of tacos and girl time?

4. Red Nails

My obsession with red nails began when I heard about the red nail theory on TikTok. Basically, this theory says that red nails attract people to you since it’s a bold and powerful color. Apparently, it screams “confidence.” So, I I’ve been getting my nails painted red recently, and I have loved every second of it. I end up waiting as long as possible to get them redone, even if they’ve grown out over a month. It’s a hot color for the fall, and I promise you’ll love every second of it. Oh, and if you’re an Ohio State Buckeye, like me, then it’s a must for football season. 

5. Gilmore Girls

What better show is there to watch during the fall months? Gilmore Girls is a classic comfort show for the fall for me. If you haven’t seen it before, this is definitely the time to start it. And if you have seen it before, well it’s still time to watch it — I promise you won’t regret it! I’m taking inspiration from so many of Rory and Lorelai’s outfits and living for all the fall vibes. Bonus points if you go to the Fox in the Snow Cafe in German Village and get a pastry while watching, you’ll feel all the vibes!

6. Utopia

This album speaks for itself — Travis Scott is a legend, and this album literally takes you to another planet. It has all the good vibes and amazing features. I didn’t know I was getting a song with Travis, Future, and SZA this fall, but I’m so glad I did. I totally recommend giving this album a listen if you’re a rap-lover.

7. Banana bread

Another absolute fall favorite of mine is banana bread. If you’re in a bad mood or stressed with school, just whip up some banana bread and your apartment will smell like heaven. Honestly, one of the best parts about banana bread is the process of baking it and getting to smell all of the delicious ingredients melt together in the oven. Add some cinnamon or pumpkin puree to make it more fall-esque. 

8. Skincare

This fall, I’ve been really into skincare as a whole. I’ve found that taking care of my skin is so important, and is a nice addition to my morning and evening routines, too! Elemis has been a favorite skincare brand of mine recently; I love their cleanser so much. I’ve also been loving the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer. Self-care is the key to success this fall (and always). 

9. “It’s Me Tinx” Podcast

I had never gotten into podcasts before… but then I found Tinx. Her podcasts always uplift my mood and inspire me to be my best self and continue working on myself! In addition, she talks a lot about relationships and struggles most of us face throughout them, and let me say, she’s basically become my therapist. This fall is about growth and becoming the best version of ourselves, and I owe my growth to this podcast for helping me so much. You’re even able to email or call her with your personal struggles and she picks a bunch of the emails/voicemails each week to listen and talk through! Often she does a live show, too, where you can actually chat with her on the show to work your challenges out in real-time. If you’re looking for a lighthearted yet motivational pod, this is for you. Tinx is relatable and so much fun to listen to. 

10. Self-Transformational Books

Fall is all about new beginnings, and reading self-transformation books is my favorite way to kick off the fall. I got into reading mental health books last year, and have been obsessed with them ever since. A few favorites of mine are “Good Vibes, Good Life” by Vex King, “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne, and “Manifest: 7 Steps to Living Your Best Life” by Roxie Nafousi. These are just a few of the many amazing books I have read, and they are truly life-changing. If you want to feel inspired, motivated, supported and start your fall off right, I recommend picking up one of these books. There’s nothing better than lighting a candle and picking up an inspirational book — I promise. 

Katriel Orlean is an intern for the National Writing Program at Her Campus as well as the Instagram and Facebook editor at her Her Campus's Ohio State University chapter. She creates graphics for her chapter's Instagram and Facebook, posts new articles on both social medias, and helps to recruit members through Instagram. During her time as a writer for the NWP, she writes evergreen articles as well as articles that are news based. She writes about five to six articles per month for this program. Beyond Her Campus, Katriel is an intern for Spoon University where she writes 8-10 articles per month. These articles are sometimes evergreen but mostly they are based on timely news in the food world. She is currently a senior at The Ohio State University, majoring in Communications Analysis & Engagement. In her free time, Katriel loves to travel, workout, play tennis and pickle ball, and hang out with family and friends. She is a buckeye through and through and loves to exude all of her school spirit at the Ohio State football games. She loves to write, especially for HC!