Must-See Girl Power Music Videos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Here at hercampus.com we are all about girl power. And I, personally, am all about music videos. So what better than to put the two things together? I give you, girl power music videos! In the past couple of months we have seen the release of some great music videos by female artists, here are a few of my most recent favorites. 

First is “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj. This song is a collaboration made in heaven with all of the strong talents displayed. And even if you don’t love all of these badass ladies, you can’t help but admit that this song is super catchy, and the music video certainly didn’t disappoint. You have all of the girls in different parts of the city, making their way to a skyscraper rooftop to end the song. I loved Ariana’s penthouse setting, I didn’t even know how much I wanted a neon palm tree in my room until I watched this video. Jessie joins via a sick flashmob-type routine in a city street. Then, Nicki arrives in none other than her own HELICOPTER. If you ask me, nothing says girl power like a helicopter entrance. Not to mention, all of their hair, makeup and outfit looks are totally inspiration-worthy. I’m not sure if this song is advocating being a “good girl” or a “bad girl”, but either way, this music video is great.  

Next we have “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora. When Rita witnesses Iggy being disrespected, she has to take action…and join her in song of course! The two escape in day dream form to Asia where they learn to fight, ride motorcycles and hang by some cherry blossom trees.  Apparently this vid is inspired by the “Kill Bill” franchise, which I am unfamiliar with. Nonetheless, I think we can all appreciate these two powerhouse blondes, in some awesome customized body suits, winning against a guy. Enjoy!

And last, but certainly not least, we have “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony. With references to Oprah and Michelle Obama, this song screams girl power. Every member of this girl group, assembled by none other than Simon Cowell, can flat out SING. They can also dance, and runway walk, and beat the boys at arm wrestling. THEY DO IT ALL. I love all of the different looks they did for this video, and the choreography is straight up fabulous. Keep an eye out for these girls, because with an attitude like this song conveys, they are going straight to the top!