Michael Cerutti ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Ask any self-proclaimed college girl what she wants from her four years  at school, and you’re guaranteed to get plenty of “standard” answers.  You may hear “a good education,” and you will definitely hear “parties all the time.”  And you will, without the shadow of a doubt, hear “boys.”  Yes, the ultimate draw for females everywhere to the hallowed halls of our educational institutions is simply the other sex.  So, it stands to reason that the next question you’d ask this college gal is what kind of boy she’s looking for (more guaranteed answers to follow): some will say “frat bros;” some will say “smart guys;” the true dreamers will say “both.”  They must be dreaming because, come on, a brainy frat guy?  Since when?  Well, since OSU’s Campus Cutie of the week, Michael Cerutti, stepped on the scene.  This blonde-haired, blue-eyed freshman stud is an active in both the Honors Program as well as the SigEp fraternity!  With brains, looks, charm, ambition, and frat boy status, dreams for collegiettes™ do come true at OSU.

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Powell, OH

Major: Operations & Logistics Management, Chinese

Relationship Status: Single

Involvement on Campus: I am currently involved with the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, The Ohio Union’s ServeCorps, FisherCARES, and student government campaigns.  I hope to become a university ambassador within the next couple of years.

HC: What is your favorite thing about OSU?  
MC: Walking across campus and stopping to say “hi” to ten different people feels great!  As large as everyone says Ohio State is, we really do have a close community of Buckeyes.

HC: How about your least favorite thing? 
MC: The saunas that they call South Campus dorms.  Seventeen fans should be sufficient for a comfortable room temperature.

HC: Where is the best spot to hang out on campus?  
MC: While I have yet to see the full effects of “Oval Beach” (probably because some groundhog saw his shadow three times over this year), I look forward to hanging out on the Oval this spring.

HC: Describe your ideal girl. 
MC: Yes, I like the typical ideal features: cute, fun, spontaneous, etc.  But I also like my girl to have a slight “nerd” side to her.  If I feel like playing Nazi zombies for three hours straight one night, the ideal girl would not judge.  Bonus points go to the girl who joins in.

HC: What are your turnoffs? 
MC: I’m not a fan of girls who are afraid to try something new.  Try to be daring!

HC: What would your dream date be? 
MC: A swipe date at campus dining, followed by a free concert provided by the OUAB.  If I like you, I’ll bring out the BuckID cash for our next date.

HC: What is the best thing about being in a fraternity?  
MC: The brotherhood.  I am excited to spend four whole years with my vast but close group of awesome brothers.  We will always have each others’ backs.

HC: What is the best thing about being in the Honors Program
MC: Priority scheduling is probably one of the best things ever, especially if you are looking for no-class Fridays.  Unfortunately, I always end up getting suckered into at least one.

HC: Who is your OSU athlete idol? 
MC: Aaron Craft.  To be a stud both on the basketball court and in the classroom is not easy, but he gets it done.

HC: Where will you be in five years? 
MC: Probably still at Ohio State. Believe it or not, business majors do have lengthy course requirements! But if I’m graduated, I hope to be working on supply chain management between America and China.

HC: Name one thing you want to do before you graduate.  
MC: I would like to make a preferably good impression on campus so that President Gee knows me by name.

HC: What is your song of the moment?  
MC: “Friday” by Rebecca Black.

HC: What is one fun fact about yourself?
MC: College was the first time I ever had ESPN.  How did I live before?

HC: What is your quote to live by?
MC: “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” -André Gide

HC: Any advice for incoming freshmen?  
MC: Get involved in student organizations and/or Greek life as soon as possible!  Contrary to popular belief, you can’t put Starcraft on your resume!  Don’t be that person.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.