Matt Balzer, ’14

Hometown: Perrysburg, OH

Major: Undecided, probably physical therapy

HC: What are you involved in on campus?
MB: I am a brother in Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity, work at Mirror Lake and am in a Habitat for Humanity club.

HC: What made you decide to go Greek?
BC: Oh, a friend actually kind of dragged me in and talked me into it.  I went to an all-boys high school so I really enjoyed and was used to the brotherhood aspect.

HC: What would your ideal date be?
MB: That is funny, because I had a weird dream last night that I took a girl to the architecture building (HC: Oh my goodness I love the architecture building! Their cafe has the best food that no one knows about, the Chicken Caesar Pita is amazing!).  But for real, I would just like something laid back.  Maybe going out on a boat or having a picnic, just something fun so you can get to know them; not serious with a lot of pressure.

HC: What do you usually look for in a girl?
MB: Sense of humor is a big thing.  Also, someone that is independent and that can have fun but is also smart.  I like girls who have their own opinions.

HC: Do you have a favorite band or favorite kind of music?
MB: I like pretty much anything; I actually like folk music.

HC: Do you have any other interests?
MB: In high school I was in musicals, but I haven’t done anything like that here though.  I might join an A Capella group.

HC: What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
MB: Goofy, loyal, and honest.

HC: What is your favorite place to eat on campus?  It doesn’t have to be like a swipe place!
MB: Oh, then Catfish Biffs definitely.

HC: What is your favorite thing about OSU?
MB: The school spirit and how you can pass anyone on the street and just have a conversation with them. People here are really friendly.