The Lowdown on Being an OSU Sports Fan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

The Ohio State University offers 36 varsity sports for student athletes, and Buckeye fans go crazy for all of them!  So here are a few tips and tricks to make you feel like a seasoned pro in the stands. 

1.  Show some school spirit.  OSU’s colors are scarlet and gray, and as the “Buckeyes”, many fans incorporate buckeyes into their outfits.  

2.  It’s more than likely that “Carmen Ohio”, our song to alma mater, will be performed.  So if you want to be apart of this 100 year old tradition check out the lyrics here.

3.  Know who Brutus is!  Brutus Buckeye is our beloved mascot.  He appears at over 500 events year round so you’ll probably see him around. 

4.  Don’t mention that school up North.  Seriously, they are our biggest rivals.  And you probably want to avoid a yellow and blue color combination while anywhere near OSU as well…

5.  Have fun!  Being a Buckeye means that you are apart of a global family and network that supports eachother.  As fans we keep the tradition, history, and spirit of OSU alive and burning bright.  And remember “once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye”.

Hi, I’m Sophie, but people usually call me Soph. I am a first year at the Ohio State University. I’m really interested in news reporting and using sites like HerCampus to spread information to other curious people. I am passionate about old architecture, mysteries, feminism, and learning about the world. You can follow me on instagram and twitter @sophie_viola_ Lots of Love