Library Do’s and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With finals right around the corner, campus libraries will be inundated with students bent over their laptops feverishly pouring over a semester’s worth of notes with headphones in ear and coffee cup in hand.  If you are planning on studying at the library, follow these do’s and don’ts to maximize your studying time!

Library Do’s:

• Find the study spot that works for you.  If you’re easily distracted, opt for a secluded cubby nestled among the bookcases instead of a table near the entrance where people watching is at its prime.
  •  Bring a good study buddy.  A responsible friend will help motivate you and watch your things while you go to the bathroom.  It’s also nice to have someone to talk to when you need a quick break from all that reading, because we all know that you “didn’t” open Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest the entire five hours you were there!
  • Bring a water bottle and snack.  You’re going to get thirsty and/or hungry at some point, plus you’re going to need your energy to tackle that paper.

Library Don’ts

• Have a phone conversation.  The library is meant to be a quiet place of study.  If you must take a phone call, go outside where you won’t distract anyone or else risk getting evil stares from all in your vicinity.
  • Leave your belongings unattended.  If you have to go to the bathroom or grab another coffee, ask your study buddy or someone near you to watch your belongings.  Having a laptop stolen during finals week is a fate almost worse than death (almost).
  • Bring a meal.  Not only will bringing a heaping plate of pasta be distracting for those around you, but do you really want to explain to the library employees why there is marinara sauce all over the floor?  When you need a pick-me-up, pack up your stuff and head to Noodles & Co., you deserved it!
  • Take up a whole table to yourself.  Though we all like to spread out and have our own space, remember that the library is going to be much more crowded than usual during exam time.  Gather your textbooks and laptop and scoot down.  For all you know, a Ryan Gosling look-alike was waiting to plop his backpack down next to you!

These tips will help you, and those around you, get that “A.”  And remember, all you have to do is get through five measly days then you have the next three weeks of Netflix in bed and presents under the tree!

http://sengook.com/student-in-…