Katie McCuen, ’14: Marketing Rep of OSU’s “Rent the Runway” Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name:  Katie McCuen
Year:  Junior
Hometown:  Montgomery, Ohio
Major:  Finance
Minor:  Textiles and Clothing
Involvement on Campus:  Rent the Runway Marketing Rep, Treasurer for Purchasing and Supply Management Association, Member of Delta Sigma Pi

HC:  What is Rent the Runway?
KM:  Rent the Runway is a website where girls can rent designer dresses, jewelry, and shoes for a fraction of the cost. Since the target market is college girls, each campus has a team of representatives that works on getting the word out about Rent the Runway through trunk shows, fashion shows, and various other events.

HC:  What do you do as the marketing rep for OSU’s Runway rep team?
KM:  I’m responsible for implementing and executing the marketing plan that is given to me by Rent the Runway corporate; for example, this month I have to visit a club and promote Rent the Runway.

HC:  What is your favorite part of being on OSU’s Runway rep team?
KM:   Since I’m a fashion minor, I love the exposure I get to the fashion world and the 50 percent discount doesn’t hurt either!

HC:  What would you tell someone who’s interested in being on OSU’s Runway rep team?
KM:  You have to be outgoing and comfortable talking to big groups of people and also be willing to dedicate a lot of time to the team.

HC:  What is one fun fact about you?
KM:  I have broken my foot five times.

HC:  What is your favorite thing about OSU?
KM:  I love all the people I have gotten to meet over the past few years.

HC:  What is one thing you want to do before you graduate?
KM:  I would really like to go on the ski club winter trip because I heard it’s really fun!

HC:  What do you want to do once you leave OSU?
KM:  I would like to be a retail fashion buyer for a large company such as Bloomingdales or Saks Fifth Avenue and, hopefully, live in New York City.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.