Jeff Pejsa, President of Block “O”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name: Jeff Pejsa
Year: Senior
Hometown: Seven Hills, OH
Major: Communication Technology
Involvement on Campus: Block “O” President, Ohio State Rec Sports graphic design intern

HC: What do you do as President of Block “O”?
JP: As the Block “O” President, I ensure that the organization is represented well throughout the university community. I manage the day-to-day operations of the organization and I serve on multiple campus-wide committees. As the executive head, it is my responsibility to be knowledgeable of every position on our Executive Board.

HC: What is your favorite part of being President of Block O?
JP:
My favorite part about being the President of Block “O” is knowing that I (and my Executive Board) am making an impact on our vast campus. This is something that not many students have the opportunity to do at the magnitude that I do, and I am very grateful to my predecessors for allowing me to continue the great tradition of the largest student organization at Ohio State.

HC: What would you tell someone who’s interested in being in Block O?
JP:
Come to an event and hang out! We are an open organization to all students, and we do much more than just cheer at sporting events. We have bi-monthly meetings and social events, we are a top fundraising group for BuckeyeThon, and we have some cool membership perks! Plus, you can say you are a member of the largest student org, and one of the best student sections in the nation!

JP:

HC: Do you ever get exhausted from attending so many athletic events?
JP:
I don’t get tired of going to so many events, but working them can get exhausting! Being on the Block “O” board sometimes requires a different mindset than the typical fan. I am happy when the student sections are running smoothly and my peers are having a good time; a Buckeye victory is an added bonus!

HC: What is one fun fact about you?
JP:
I was always the youngest person in my class in grade school, and I haven’t met a fourth-year student that is younger than me yet!

HC: What is your favorite thing about OSU?
JP:
My favorite thing about Ohio State (and the reason why I came here) is the pride we have for our University. I feel emotionally tied to the campus and I am very proud to bleed scarlet and gray. I think that is something that students at other universities can’t say about their schools.

HC: What is one thing you want to do before you graduate?
JP:
I really want to visit the underground tunnels on campus, it seems like fun!

HC: What do you want to do once you leave OSU?
JP:
Once I leave Ohio State, I’ll hopefully be in a good position to earn employment as a graphic designer in sports. I love Columbus and I’d really like to stay here after I graduate.

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.