This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

While we all prepared for our annual Thanksgiving turkey roast with family and friends last week, the Buckeyes prepared to roast some Wolverines.  Last Saturday marked the 109th Ohio State vs. Michigan football game.  “The Game,” as it is referred to across the country, is played as part of what ESPN says is the greatest rivalry in sports history.  With the Buckeyes’ winning streak of 23 games, OSU fans were confident going into Saturday’s game.  Certainty wavered a bit as the Buckeyes and Wolverines stayed neck and neck the entire game, That Team Up North leading much of the time.  Our loyalty paid off though, as the Buckeyes pulled out yet another win, extending our beloved Urban Meyer’s winning streak under his OSU tenure to 24 games, the 4th most wins in a row for a coach with one team in NCAA history.  With this most recent victory, the Buckeyes are that much closer to earning a spot in the 2013 National Championship game in Pasadena.  But for all of you fellow college football lovers, we all knew this game would be a nail-biter to the very end.

The Buckeyes and Wolverines certainly didn’t fail to deliver on our expectations for a high-tension, thrilling match up.  With just over 14 minutes to go in the first half, a scuffle broke out on the field as our own Dontre Wilson got the ball for a punt return and the ensuing tackle got heated.  After the play, with Wilson down, a number of Michgan players surrounded Wilson and things escalated quickly.  The brawl drew members from both teams and benches into the melee, Wilson’s helmet ended up on the ground and three players were ejected when coaches and referees finally got the situation under control.  Dontre Wilson and Marcus Hall of Ohio State got the boot, along with Royce Jenkins-Stone of Michigan, presumably for being the ones visibly throwing punches.  Blood was certainly boiling after the skirmish and both theams came back out fighting within the parameters of football rules.  The Buckeyes pulled out the win on a failed two-point conversion in the final seconds of the game by Michigan’s quarterback Devin Gardner for a 42-41 OSU victory.  The closeness of the game combined with the high stakes fight now only make for a much more intersting and heated rivalry between The Ohio State University and TSUN.