This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

This past week a girl came up to me and asked, “How can I look great while wearing glasses?!” This is a great question, and I figured many people would like to learn some tips and tricks about glasses makeup. I wear glasses myself, and I alter my makeup routine a bit when I decide to incorporate them into my day. I used to dread wearing my glasses, but now I enjoy wearing them because of how they make my face look. I’ve discovered through trial and error what kind of makeup looks good with glasses and what doesn’t. There are a few key areas to focus on in order to make yourself stand out in those dark frames.

The first area you want to make pop is your eyes, since glasses really accentuate them. I find that wearing 2-3 coats of black mascara with a bit of purple-black eye pencil can really help the eyes pop. Purple anything makes green eyes look greener, ask any makeup artist! You do not want to wear winged eyeliner while wearing glasses because the frame usually covers the wing making the eyeliner look messy. As for eye shadow, chose a white or champagne shade to place on the lids and inner corner. Then define your crease with a tope shadow. The white will make your eyes appear bigger and more beautiful.

The second area to focus on is your brows since they frame the eye area. Because my eyebrows are super light, I use the lightest eyebrow pencil from Ulta. Just fill them in so that they look clean and polished. Feel free to draw in length or thickness if you have short or thin brows. Remember to use a light hand when filling in your brows, and use small strokes brushing upward.

The third area to focus your attention on is your cheeks. They are right below the frames so you want to choose a color that brightens your skin to give yourself a glow. I used a baked peach blush from NYX. Apply the blush from the apples of your cheek all the way back to the top of your ear. Again, a little blush normally goes a long way so apply sparingly.

Finish the look off with a frosty lip stick and gloss!

Hi everyone, my name is Brooke! Throughout my years of growing up, I have discovered that I am completely obsessed with beauty and makeup. I cannot begin to tell you how much money I have blown on mascara, blush, and eyeliner, but I can tell you that I don’t regret purchasing any of it. Some may call me a product junkie, but that’s just who I am. Makeup makes me happy. I don’t know why, it just does! Twitter&Instagram: b_sabes