Style > Fashion

Four Last Minute halloween costumes already in your closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

If you’re like me, you tend to do things last minute, Halloween included. As the day approaches, there isn’t a ton of time to head to the store or order something, but don’t worry! If you find yourself in a time crunch, but eager to find a cute, trendy costume, look no further. Here are five easy, last minute costumes you can make with items you already have in your closet!

1. biker

A biker is perhaps one of the easiest costumes you can do yourself, and it happens to be my personal favorite! For this costume, I’d suggest going with a simple top, preferably something black or white. Pair it with a black skirt over tights or wear black leather pants and a leather jacket. If you don’t have a leather jacket, you could consider a denim jacket, or even a denim vest. As for accessories, try adding gloves, a bandana and some chains would help enhance the look. For shoes, I’d go with some sort of black boot or platform to complete the costume.

2. athlete

If you’re looking for something you can make as casual or as themed as you’d like, an athlete is the perfect way to go. For something cozy, you could opt for a sweatsuit or tracksuit, or you could go the jersey route paired with some leggings or sweatpants. For something more festive, you could try athletic wear, like a bikini and sweats. Accessories will be the center of this look.

3. CHEETAH GIRL

If you’re like me and you grew up watching the Cheetah Girls, chances are you found yourself obsessed with their cute, velour tracksuits. The great thing about this costume is that it’s simple; just throw on a matching tracksuit over a white tank and accessorize! You can try Pinterest for inspo, but typically the Cheetah Girls sported headbands and white tennis shoes with their tracksuits. Another great part of this costume is that it’s the perfect group costume if your friends are looking for something simple too! 

4. Character from ‘The Matrix’

If you haven’t seen “The Matrix,” a simple Google search will tell you all you need to know about their outfits–black on black, leather coat, and sunglasses. To make the costume your own, experiment with different style tops, skirts, pants, shorts and more. Add the staple leather jacket, and all you’ll need now are the accessories, i.e. the sunglasses. To make your costume a little more original, you could try considering sunglasses that aren’t exactly like the ones from the movie, but are just close enough to where you’re on theme. 

Lizzie is a fourth-year student at The Ohio State University, where she studies English on a pre-education route with a minor in Professional Writing. She has written for various publications, including The Lantern and Columbus Jewish News. She currently works as a Professional Writing Intern at The Ohio State University Airport, where she composes articles and social media content. When she's not writing, Lizzie loves shopping, listening to music, going on walks, spending time with friends and reading.