A Few Reasons to Get Excited for Buckeye Basketball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s official, everyone: Ohio State Basketball is back! With last week’s win in an exhibition game against Walsh, our Buckeyes are off to a great start. And here are a few reasons you should be thrilled by the return. 

1.       Yet another chance to beat That Team Up North

We played them twice last year, with one win and one loss. In the latest preseason AP poll, Ohio State is ranked 11th and M!ch!g@n is 7th; in the coach’s poll, we are 10th and they are 9th. So, obviously, this will be an interesting game. And just think of how much fun it will be when we beat them again. 

2.       There is no greater feeling than being in the Nut House

The atmosphere in the student section is hard to rival. Enjoy all the team spirit and cheering on of the greatest team around. 

3.       The chance to camp out all night to be front row

It’s not quite as intense as the picture suggests, but it could be. And whether you chose to brave an Ohio winter in only a tent to be the first one in the Schott or not, it’s still pretty cool that there are such dedicated fans willing to do so. Plus, the team has been known to come visit these devoted fans.

4.       This guy

It’s Aaron Craft’s final season playing for the Buckeyes and thousands of hearts will be broken all over campus when he plays his last game.