The Entire Student Body is a Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

When it comes down to it, I can’t say I know a single person that I would consider a campus celebrity.  Mostly because EVERYONE I know and even don’t know personally is a celebrity this week, or at least we all should feel that way.  I mean, come on, we’re all kind of amazing for doing this finals crap, and as much as you think you’re gonna fail everything (like I am right now as I write this), chances are you’ll be fine.  Yes, we’ve all had those classes where you work your ass off the entire semester and still have no idea what on earth you were supposed to be learning (like I feel with almost every class), but even then you somehow manage to pull a C or even a B for your overall grade.  Whether or not that’s because the teacher had to add a curve because everyone failed…eh, it’s unimportant how it happens.

But most of all, I would have to say that our graduating classmates are the biggest stars.  They’ve put up with 4 years of this, some even more.  They went through semesters AND quarters, having to deal with the blowback from that change along with their regular stress.  But somehow, they pulled through and when they graduate at the Ohio Stadium on May 4th, it’ll be a sign that we can all make it through.

The point is college isn’t easy.  Your parents may not take you seriously when you talk about the massive amounts of coursework you have.  The professors may not understand that the point of switching to semesters was NOT to smoosh more work into their class, but to spread it out because now we have to take more.  And your brain may not always want to or be able to handle the stress of doing homework, studying, sleeping, eating, maintaining relationships and friendships, etc.  But we’re doing ok and we’re almost there.  Unless your hell does not end after finals and you have a May session or summer session class that starts right away, like I do.  Even if that’s the case, finals for that are a long ways away, and once again you’ll make it through like you have before.

Keep troopin’; the end is in sight and then we can all party until we forget what we just suffered through.

Photo credit: http://www.osu.edu