Date Night Ideas That Won’t Damage Your Bank Account

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Living in Columbus and being a college student can be difficult and doesn’t leave many date night options. It is always fun to try something new, like a new restaurant or a movie, but at the same time not damage your bank account (or your boyfriend’s).  Here are some date ideas that are fun and affordable:

• Sushi Rock: Most of us associate Wednesday with hump day, which gives us some relief knowing that the week is half way over. On occasions, apart from our studying and busy schedules, I am sure most of us want to find something fun to do in order to make the week a little less stressful. I come to a point during the busy week where I need a break. If you are a big sushi fan or just want to go out somewhere nice for dinner, you should give Sushi Rock a try.  Besides the sushi, the restaurant has a great atmosphere with pop and rap videos on every TV. On Wednesday nights, Sushi rock offers an awesome dinner special of half off sushi rolls. If you and your man (or friends!) love sushi, Sushi Rock is a great choice for dining out on Wednesday nights.
  • Blue Jackets Game: Honestly, the Blue Jackets are not the best hockey team in the league right now, but going to their games is still a lot of fun. You can buy a single ticket starting at a reasonable $30. The arena is relatively close, only being 5 to 10 minutes away from campus. At the games there are numerous food choices ranging from delicious curly fries to burgers and pizza. I went to a game on Valentine’s Day and one of the food vendors was even selling chocolate covered strawberries (yum!). There is entertainment during halftime where chosen fans compete for a prize along on the ice rink, along with 5 to 6 year old hockey players. So, if you are looking for something to do on a weeknight or weekend and don’t want to go out, remember you can go to a Blue Jackets game!
  • SegAway Tours of Columbus: Going on a tour of Columbus while on a SegAway is definitely a unique date and a great way to spend time outside. For the tour, you and your date can venture Columbus for two hours for $27.50 per hour. During the tour you will see the Scioto River, Short North arts district and the downtown Arena District. No experience is needed for this tour, so anyone can participate. If you are looking for something new to try, definitely check out the SegAway Tours.

Picture sources:  
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/ZNbyurFhB4fCpO0lyKPt-g?select=QTflVhRNNGYhmVpUaWDC0w
http://www.totalprosports.com/2012/01/13/9-worst-places-to-watch-an-nhl-game/
http://www.segawaytoursofcolumbus.com/

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.