Class to Night Out: Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Do you struggle with taking your clothing from day to night? Don’t worry anymore because your Her Campus OSU style blogger is here to help. 

Move aside, leggings, jeans are back and here to stay. There are so many different styles of jeans nowadays that you need a separate closet for all of them, well I do at least. These are my favorite bottoms to wear on a night out because you don’t have to worry about bending over, the wind picking them up or the endless list of ways someone could see up your skirt. I am going to show you two ways to style the most popular silhouettes to go from day to night.

Skinny

Whether these are the classic blue shade, black, white, leather looked or colored, it is easy to take these pants from day to night. Pair your skinnies with an oversized graphic tee, maybe with a quirky saying, and some classic Chuck Taylors for a comfy look to get you through that last day of class for the week. For night, swap the tee for a loose top with feminine peplum detailing with bright, statement accessories.

Boyfriend

While a lot of people are hesitant about this style of pant, I say give ‘em a try! There are so many different fits and styles that you will for sure be able to find the right pair for you. Create a cute look for class by adding a basic tank and kimono to add a feminine touch to these more masculine bottoms. Roll the hem and pair them with a pair of loafers to keep things fall appropriate. Keep the feminine contrast alive for the evening with a delicate beaded top and neutral accessories to keep the focus on the top.

Want more day to night inspiration? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @HCOhioState

*Images courtesy of Google and Polyvore*

Julie is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Fashion and Retail and Business. A lover of all things fashion from a young age, she loves having the chance to write the style blog for the site as well as being the chapter's President. When she is not writing, she loves singing in Ohio State's Women's Glee Club, updating her style blog, and online shopping when she should be doing homework. After graduation, Julie hopes to become a celebrity stylist or work in the fashion department of a magazine. Visit thelookinthemirror.blogspot.com for more from Julie.