burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Welcome back all to campus Buckeye Fashionistas!! I don’t know about you but I am so happy to be back here at Ohio State for a fresh school year.  This back to school time of year brings the infamous back to school shopping and this doesn’t just apply to the supplies you need for your new classes, this means updating your wardrobe too! Whether you want to completely reinvent your style this year or you just want a few new tips, the campus style blog is back to keep you up to trend.

Denim is always a good idea. Whether it is in the form of jeans, high waisted shorts, overalls, skirts (I know, so 90’s right?), or even a shirt, you can never go wrong. Denim is super easy to throw on in a hurry to class or for a night out with your friends and can go with just about anything you pair with it. It’s also perfect for those mornings when you have to get dressed in the dark when your roommate is still sleeping.

While walking around campus this past week, the one style that I have seen countless girls wearing is the Tee Shirt dress. These dresses are the perfect solution to the hot weather that has been plaguing campus this week. They fit more loosely around the body so you can keep cool and still look cute while walking across campus to class. Throw on your favorite sneakers, gladiators, sandals, or flats to complete your look!

Fun and cheeky graphics have been all the rage lately for casual wear. It’s the perfect way to show off your mood without having to say a word. And they are the perfect substitute for those old high school tees.

As I enter my fourth year here at OSU, I have found that the wrong pair of shoes can really wreak havoc on your feet. My solution to this is investing in some chic sneaks. Ever since normcore fashion started to take over, leaving on your gym shoes with your everyday looks has become more acceptable and there are endless styles and brands to satisfy this trend. This way you can save your feet from blisters and still be on top of your style game.

Julie is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Fashion and Retail and Business. A lover of all things fashion from a young age, she loves having the chance to write the style blog for the site as well as being the chapter's President. When she is not writing, she loves singing in Ohio State's Women's Glee Club, updating her style blog, and online shopping when she should be doing homework. After graduation, Julie hopes to become a celebrity stylist or work in the fashion department of a magazine. Visit thelookinthemirror.blogspot.com for more from Julie.