dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Blake Shelton and Who?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

We all know those celebrity couples that we look to as the epitome of true love. People tend to exclaim, “Relationship Goals!” and “I want that!” So, when these couples break up, a little bit of us breaks. We think, “If they can’t make it; how will I ever have a chance?”

From the breakups of Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, to the most recent breakup of Jennifer Gardner and Ben Affleck, the news of the breakup of famous country singer couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert came as quite a surpise.

They broke up in July, so while this is old news, the topic sparked interest again this past week during the Country Music Awards when a certain relationship was confirmed…

These two people co-judge together on the hit show “The Voice”…

Yes- it is Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani!

I guess those jokes and playful teases weren’t all just fun and friends, but rather flirty and coquettish. Some can say they are happy for Shelton for happily moving on, but it seems so soon after his breakup with Miranda Lambert! Their breakup truly hit fans hard during the CMAs, when we didn’t see them sitting next to each other, singing each other’s songs, and smiling proudly up at the stage when the other sang or won an award. Fans could not help but notice Lambert hurting beneach that radiant smile of hers. Moreover, when she instagrammed emotional lyrics, fans got a peak into her actual feelings. We know she’s trying, though.

Gwen Stefani is quite the total opposite of Miranda Lambert, so this is going to take getting used to, but who knows how long this relationship will last. Stefani did say that Shelton was one of the people who really supported and helped her after her divorce with Gavin Rossdale. I guess she also helped him move on.

We will have to wait and see, or will Shelton make the “Sweet Escape” before anything gets too serious? ;)

I just recently transferred to OSU and am currently a sophomore studying English. Already being surrounded by all that OSU has to offer in such a short time has made me realize I made the right choice. I see limitless opportunities around me waiting to be accessed and experienced. I plan to make the most out of my time here at The Ohio State University.