This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Do you want the retro, vintage aesthetic for all of your current pictures?

If so, you need to download Dispo. Dispo is an interactive app that mimics disposable cameras used in past decades. Instead of physically buying basic Kodak or Fujifilm disposable cameras and developing the pictures at a local CVS or Walmart, users can take their pictures on the app and receive them at 9 a.m. the next morning with the throwback effect we all love. Waiting for the photos to develop allows users to live in the moment and later reminisce on the great times they had.

David Dobrik, a 23-year-old YouTube sensation, created Dispo and released the newest version March 1. Instead of using and having to throw away many disposable cameras, Dobrik made the retro look more accessible and easy to store. Instead of being an app that just takes photos, individuals can post their photos on what is called a roll. Personal rolls can be shared with friends all over the world by inviting them to follow you and subsequently following them back.

Personally, I could not be more obsessed with Dispo.

Taking pictures on my phone with my friends is one of my favorite things to do because I can have long-lasting memories with me at all times. I can save these pictures for life and be able to look back on them whenever and wherever.

Dispo forces people to take their picture and put their phone down so they are not immediately checking how they look in the photos and worrying about their appearance. The app helps people have fun without obsessing over whether the picture turned out well. My friends and I love using Dispo because of its aesthetic look and how fun it is to look through our pictures the morning after a great night out.

With that in mind, I definitely recommend that you go to the App Store and download Dispo to take and post the best vintage-looking photos with friends!

OSU 2024 Strategic Communication major