Andrey Regalado; High Buns & High Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Being the president of any organization on campus takes a special kind of person. Any position of leadership requires a lot of responsibility, time management and dedication. Taking all of these things into acount, Her Campus met up with B.R.A.G president Andrey Regalado to see how he handles such responsibilities:

Name: Andrey  Regalado

Year: Senior

Hometown: Columbus, OH

Major:  Fashion and Retail studies with a specialty in Product development.

HC: What is exactly is B.R.A.G?

AR: Brag is a student organization that focuses on the promotion of minorities in the fashion and related industries.

HC:Is it only for fashion majors?

AR: No, the organization is open to any individual of any major who is interested developing networking and professionalism skills as well as those who are interested in retail or fashion.

HC: How did you get involved with the organization?

AR: A friend of mine was on the executive board and would invite me to attend meetings, so I finally took her up on her offer and once I started to come regularly I realized the people were fun to be around and easy to get along with. I then started to get more involved and planned some of the fun events the organizations would have. I didn’t really notice how big the organization was until I attended my first Gala last fall.

HC: Being president is a pretty cool position, what do you enjoy most about it?

AR: What I enjoy most is getting the chance to meet younger students who are interested in the organization, helping them find internships and refining their networking skills. Being president this year has helped me improve on my public speaking skills as well. 

HC: Through the organization you and a couple other members recently just returned from New York, how was that?

AR: It was amazing! We had a lot of scholarship recipients, who got to sit at tables with their donors whose credentials ranged from CEO of HSN, Limited brands and Belt. We got a chance to network with cooperate big wigs, even received internship offers and  also recieved their contact info. First time attendees got to meet Brags national board, who will be interviewing internship applicants for next year’s internship opportunity. We also got to meet Nick cannon, Iman and Beverly Johnson!

HR: Outside of brag what other projects are you involved in?

AR: I plan on starting my own pr firm that will be representing different clothing companies as well as doing event planning.  I have worked on a couple fashion shows within the city and with local fashion designers such as Oliver Valdinne. I recently got hired at a visual mechanism firm to be a part of the creative team, Brag has truly prepared me for my future aspirations.

Alumna of THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY | internet junkie | music connoisseur | supporter of anything DOPE