This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With spring break just around the corner, I have created a quick list of essentials to bring with you for your beach vacation! 

1. Sunscreen 

Sunscreen is so incredibly important. This sunscreen from Drunk Elephant is great because it has a bronzy tint to it as well. Your skin will be protected, but also tan and glowy!

2. Swimsuits

Duh! If you are going to be on the beach or by the pool you need a cute swimsuit. I think that Target and Aerie have great swimsuit options. You can find very affordable ones at both of these stores, and they have suits for every shape and size.

3. Self-tanner

This one may seem slightly strange since you will probably be getting a natural tan, but hear me out. If you are like me, you burn very easily in the sun so you wear a high SPF, and don’t really get a tan. If you bring some self-tanner, you can use it each night. So when you go back to whatever cold climate you came from, you look like a bronzed goddess! My favorite self-tanner is from Fake Bake, you get a natural tan that does not look orange.

4. Lipstick with SPF

Many people forget that your lips can actually get sunburnt, and when it happens it isn’t fun. Bringing a lip stick or lip balm with a little color and SPF is a great idea. I love this one from Physicians Formula, it is from their Murumuru Butter line so it smells like coconut — perfect for the beach!

5. Sandals

Sandals are obviously a staple for a beach vacation. If you spent money to get a pedicure before your trip, you want to show it off! I have been a big fan of platform sandals recently; I think they are so cute! They can be dressed up or dressed down, and they give you the height of heels without being difficult to walk in.

6. Jumpsuits

Jumpsuits are perfect to go out for dinner! You can dress them up or down, and they go great with the platform sandals. If you are going somewhere that gets a little cooler in the evening, it is a perfect outfit. Plus, it is easy to pack since it’s all one piece!

7. Cover-ups

Cover-ups are great for throwing over your bathing suit if you want to go grab some lunch or get out of the sun. There are tons of cover-ups that range from all prices, so you can find one that won’t break the bank!

8. Sunglasses

Sunglasses are an absolute staple for the beach! For beach vacations I always bring cute sunnies that aren’t super expensive, so in case the lenses get scratched by the sand, I won’t be totally devastated. A great place to look for cute, affordable sunglasses is TjMaxx!

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets

Mackenzie is a junior majoring in Strategic Communication at The Ohio State University.