7 Ways to Fall in Love with Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

As midterms approach in the next couple weeks, it’s easy to get stressed out, but there are tons of fall activities that you can engage in to spice up your days of studying and stress eating. Now that is is officially fall, here are some things to get excited about besides pumpkin spice lattes and not fearing backpack sweat. 

1. Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch

If you have never been to a pumpkin patch or an apple orchard, you definitely should check one out!  There is nothing better than picking out a perfect pumpkin to take home and carve with your friends. Also, most pumpkin patches have corn mazes and hayrides that you can try out too! Apple orchards are great as well, because the fruit is so fresh and there is always some homemade apple cider to warm up with. Plus, every girl knows that pumpkin patches and apple orchards are great photo ops. Lynd Fruit Farm, Devine Farms, and Hidden Creek Farms are some farms that participate in these activities, and are nearby OSU. 

2. Fall Scents

One of my favorite things about autumn is all the yummy scents. Sweet cinnamon pumpkin, vanilla bourbon, marshmallow pumpkin latte AND cranberry twist? So delightful. I just went to Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works the other day, and I think I bought every fall scent I could get my hands on. Lets be honest, when your room smells like a piece of pie, you know life is good. If you want to see a dent in your bank account, definitely check out some of these candles and lotions.

3. Haunted House

This is a fall activity that I’m personally a little hesitant of, but that’s because I am a total chicken when it comes to being scared. However, you can totally go to a haunted house just to laugh at all of your friend’s reactions (even if you’re doing all the freaking out). Sometimes you need a good scare. The ScareAtorium is a haunted house in Columbus that you can go to anytime after September 25! 

4. Fall Clothes

Fall fashion is my absolute favorite. All the colors are so beautiful and you don’t have to worry about sweating through your outfit, so you can totally rock that new sweater you’ve been dying to wear. Taking a mall trip is always good for the soul, and you’ll look super fresh strutting on campus with your new clothes. So get together with a couple of friends (or fly solo) and hunt for some new threads. 

5. Fall Food

If you live in a dorm this might be a harder task to accomplish, but it still can be done. There are so many fun recipes for autumn, plus you can get a group of your friends together and just have a chill night of making seasonal treats. Caramel apples, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, and pumpkin cookies? Need I say more? I included a few recipes to gnaw at your hunger while you finish reading this post. 

6. Nail Polish

As I said earlier, I love all the fall fashion colors, and you can always experiment with these colors on your nails. Burgundy, bronze and burnt orange? It’s the perfect time to try them out. Don’t be afraid to try something new!

7. Scary Movie Night

Grab all your friends and have a night in of watching classic Halloween movies. You can watch anything from Hocus Pocus to Nightmare on Elm Street. It will be super refreshing to have a casual night with your friends, and you can even make some of the fall themed treats I mentioned earlier! 

Hopefully some of these ideas will leave you inspired and ready to tackle on the upcoming fall season!