This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Now that fall is officially upon us, it’s finally time to see all of the new and upcoming trends for this season’s clothing lines. One thing that seems to be standing out on the runway this season is emerald green, which was just announced the top shade for 2013. Not only is this lush, vibrant hue said to promote balance and harmony, it’s also great for turning any outfit into a chic, unique look. Emerald is a classically feminine yet slightly eccentric color. Your closet can be full of items in this color ranging from a pair of skinny jeans to a clutch that will tie your whole look together. If you do not want to lean towards the whole military trend, you can pair emerald green with some of your most feminine pieces. This is a very versatile color; if girly pieces are not your style, emerald green will look fabulous with studs and skulls, as well! If you do not want to buy a whole new wardrobe based off of this shade, try incorporating small pieces, for example, jewelry, bags and even make-up.This look isn’t only great for going out on a Saturday night, but it’s also the perfect casual look to wear to class!