This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Game day is upon us! Here are some tricks that we’ve learned over the years at OSU to help maximize your football fun:

Strut Your Stuff with the Best Game Day Fit

Would it really be game day if you didn’t have a cute outfit planned days ahead? Before picking your outfit, make sure you know what the weather forecast is and whether or not the week’s game has a special attire theme, like Black Out or Scarlet Out.

Then, start shopping! I recommend checking out Clothing Underground and Around the Block, which both sell and upcycle used OSU gear. Both locations are located on High Street. You can also check Instagram or Depop for accounts that sell thrifted or customizable gameday clothes.

Last but not least, don’t forget the accessories! I recommend buying red sunglasses, Block O earrings, scrunchies in OSU colors, red face glitter or OSU fanny packs.

Don’t Forget to Pregame with Food

With the hustle and bustle of game day, it can be easy to get caught up in game day activities and getting to the stadium on time. One easy way to add in a good meal before kickoff while including friends who may not have tickets is to catch a pregame meal! High Street is filled with great restaurants with game day treats to soak up the alcohol.

Remember to Stay Hydrated

While there’s nothing quite as high-energy as game days in Columbus, there’s no doubt they are long. Depending on the time of the game, it can last from sunrise to late night. No matter what your plans are, it’s always important to stay hydrated, especially if you’ve been going to Block or campus bars to get yourself in the gameday spirit.

If you’re planning on going to the game, make sure you stop by the concession stands at the stadium to get you and your friends some water. You may also want to get something to eat too!

What Should You Do After? 

It’s going to be a long game day, and after the game you might not be sure what to do. However, if you’re still ready to keep having fun, try going out to a casual restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings, or a sit down bar like The Library to recap the game. If you’re feeling tired, we recommend holding a game recap party with your friends at your house.

If you follow these tips and tricks, you will have a successful and fun game day. And remember: go Bucks!