The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

As the colder weather ramps up, it can be more difficult to find fun activities to do with your significant other (SO). Sure, there are lists online that give you date ideas for colder weather, but what if you’re looking for fun activities in a specific area? If you’re currently living in Columbus or staying here for a few days with your SO, look no further than this list of fun date ideas for the fall and winter time!

Test OUT your detective skills at Escapology

I haven’t been to Escapology yet, but I won two discounted tickets through OSU’s D-Tix program and have plans to visit sometime soon during the fall or winter. I absolutely love encountering new experiences with my SO, so testing out our detective and teamwork skills at Escapology is a must! With up to nine different escape rooms, you can choose your own adventure from Murder on the Orient Express to Scooby-Doo.

Visit Franklin Park Conservatory

Even though you’ll have to bundle up before this activity, Franklin Park Conservatory has various fun events and exhibitions throughout the year. From Harvest Blooms and Pumpkins Aglow in the autumn to holiday-related workshops, classes and events in the winter, this Columbus conservatory has so much to offer!

Treat Your ears at Blu Note Jazz Cafe

One of my favorite pastimes in the winter is experiencing live music, specifically at jazz clubs. In my hometown, I frequent a local jazz club and have been keeping my eyes peeled for one in Columbus that does not require you to be 21 years old, and luckily I just discovered Blu Note Jazz Cafe. I am definitely adding a visit to this jazz club to my list of dates to go on with my SO!

Make your tastebuds happy at Emmett’s Cafe

I recently made my first visit to Emmett’s Cafe at Open Air with my SO, and I must say their food was absolutely delectable. Although I went for an iced latte on that visit, I am totally looking forward to trying their hot lattes to warm me up during the colder seasons! Not to mention, their environment is so bright and lively, so it’s hard to not be happy while at Emmett’s.

Express Your Creativity at Clay Cafe

I haven’t been to Clay Cafe yet, but I’ve painted pottery with my SO before and it is such an underrated activity! If you’re an OSU student, this studio is a manageable commute from campus and a pretty inexpensive activity depending on what you choose to paint. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to be creative with your SO!

Originally from Cincinnati, Brooke Hoctor is in her second year at OSU studying Communication and Spanish. Her favorite things are romance books, romantic comedies, listening to music, doing word searches, spending time with friends and finding new coffee shops and food spots. She enjoys writing about entertainment, mental health, and relationships.