Winter Nail Colors That Never Crossed Your Mind

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

This winter, don’t be afraid to sport some nail color that wouldn’t normally come to mind when the winter months roll in. Mix and match with different colors and textures until you find a fun and exciting look that works for you. The best think about nail polish is that if you mess up or don’t like something, just wipe it off and start again. Try mixing in some of the colors below to your usual winter repertoire.

Taupe

When many people think of taupe they automatically think boring! But taupe is a great neutral nail color for the winter instead of leaving your nails bare. Having that little bit of color besides your normal “skin color” can help you not only feel more dressed up, but make your nails look more pulled together.

Soft Pink

While you may think soft pink is only for the spring, you can make soft pink work by pairing it with some red accents. Do a reverse French with the pink as the body and a bright red at the tips. Spice it up, and do candy cane strips for a complete Christmas look.

Gold

Gold is a great color for the winter because its full of life and excitement. A good gold shade can be paired with your normal school or work clothes, but can also look great for going out.

Dark Green

Dark green is a great shade come the holidays because its appearance counters the weather outside. Dark green nails not only remind you of Christmas trees and the dark winter sky, but can be flavored with some cool decorations. Add a strand of Christmas light strands across all your nails for fun out-of-the-box look that goes great with a dark background.

Light Frosted Blue

Don’t be fooled by light blue being the color of baby boys. A light frosted blue can be the perfect nail color for the winter. Reminiscent of a snowy night, a light blue can bring out the inner winter wonderland goddess in you.

Maggie is a senior at the University of Oregon pursuing a degree in Public Relations and Communications through the School of Journalism. She enjoys hanging out with her friends, laying by the pool or on the beach, and traveling. Her favorite city in the world is Paris and she hopes to go back after graduation. Follow her on twitter at @mahilty
The official Her Campus Oregon account