Why Your Dog is the Perfect Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

As the dreaded 14th of February approaches, collegiette’s everywhere scramble to find that perfect Valentine. You know what I mean… mister tall, dark and handsome who will bring you candy and let you pick the movie. But come on ladies, it’s the 21st century and we don’t need all that! All you need this Valentine’s Day is a nice warm cuddle buddy, perhaps with fur, perhaps a dog.

He may not be tall, dark and handsome, but he’s probably really cute and likes to lick your face. Although he’s not the man you’ve always dreamed of, you’re most likely the only thing he dreams of, so keep reading to find out why your valentine may be shorter than you think.

1. Your dog won’t bail on you. He has nowhere else to go.

2. Rover won’t make you watch some macho man violet movie. Rover will watch The Notebook with you on the couch.

3. It’s easy to keep your dog’s attention (as long as you have a treat in your hand).

4. Your furry friend would be more than happy to go on a romantic evening stroll with you.

5. Your pup can lick your feet and it’s not even weird.

6. Look at that face:

7. Your dog is a cuddle buddy that you actually want to cuddle with.

8. Your pooch will go to bed when you do!

9. Little buddy will get excited and greet when you walk in the door no matter what.

10. You are your dog’s whole world and he would want nothing more than to spend Valentine’s Day with you.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Collegiettes!

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.
The official Her Campus Oregon account