This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Many students consider study abroad during their college years. Those who decide to go don’t regret it and have the experience of a lifetime. Studying abroad can be one of the most beneficial experiences for a college student, here’s why:

1. You’ll gain new perspectives

Whether you’re studying science or literature, you’ll develop a global perspective. Studying abroad allows you to experience a brand-new country with new outlooks. You’ll learn to view the world through different perspectives, which will benefit you forever.

2. Study Abroad looks great on a resume

Studying Abroad highlights your interests in different cultures, and your ability to learn in an entirely new environment. Plus, your ability to speak a second language is always a plus. This is always attractive to future employers.

3. You’ll learn to be independent

You’re in a new country, and no one knows who you are. You will embrace this freedom and learn so much more about yourself. Being alone in a different country will be hard at time, but you’ll be able to learn to adapt to this new situation. Plus, you’ll make lifelong friends along the way.

The official Her Campus Oregon account