This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Where to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte this fall

By Brittany Bosworth

With the world seemingly on hold and classes online this fall, the only thing keeping students at bay is the comfort and happiness of a pumpkin spice latte. Luckily for us a PSL has not changed in the time of a global pandemic and we can always count on this fall favorite to boost our spirits.

Eugene has coffee shops that offer a variety of lattes, study spaces and tasty snacks. Being a senior at the University of Oregon I have tested these shops and can confidently give local secrets to the town’s best pumpkin spice latte this fall as well as where to experience the classic October ambience. Here are the top three places to enjoy a PSL this season:

1. Coffee Plant Roasters

This tasteful shop is located in the Westside Warehouse District of Eugene. Not only is there coffee to die for but they have a full menu. Food options range from scones to full omelettes, I recommend the coffee cake! Coffee Plant Roasters whips up a pumpkin spice latte unlike any other coffee shop in Eugene. They make their own pumpkin puree which creates the perfect creamy texture and taste for a PSL.

1. Vero Espresso

This homely shop is located in the University District of Eugene and is popular among college students to study, have a meeting or hang out with their peers. Vero is the perfect place to enjoy a PSL or hot pumpkin cider as they have outdoor seating on a beautiful patio that sits beneath the trees. This popular shop has amazing baked goods, bagels and sandwiches! I recommend pairing their carrot cake with a warm PPL.

1. Morning Glory Cafe

This adorably quant restaurant cafe has organic, vegetarian and vegan food options that are great if you are craving a warm meal on a cold fall day. Their PSL’s are to die for and the service is fantastic! The friendly atmosphere will leave you wanting more and you can enjoy a beautiful walk afterwards with downtown only being a couple blocks away!

I hope you give these fall favorite cafes a try! Remember to wear a mask and practice social distancing guidelines while you visit.

Public Relations major at the University of Oregon with a minor in Theatre Arts!
The official Her Campus Oregon account