What I have Learned as a Campus Representative

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Many companies have started campus representative programs on various college campuses. Companies use these students to help promote the company to college students, while also creating media and marketing opportunities for students. It also gives companies direct access to their target audiences. This school year, I have had the chance to be a campus representative for Victoria’s Secret PINK (VS PINK). This program has been one of the most rewarding opportunities that I have been part of. I knew I wanted to be part of this program before I started college, and I am happy that I worked hard to achieve those dreams. As a campus representative for VS PINK, I am a direct reflection of the brand. My actions and how I promote myself on campus is so necessary. Through this representative campus program, I have had the opportunity to network with people who work for the company, as well as getting to visit the headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Our goal is to create a buzz about VS PINK on campus through social content, event planning, and campus engagement. This year, my partner and I have worked so hard to grow the brand on campus. I have learned about the power of social media. As someone who does not focus so much on my social media, this has been such a challenge for me. I am someone who hates my photo taken but loves to take pictures of others. I had to learn to get comfortable in front of the camera and have fun. VS PINK is all about being confident in your skin, which is something that I am learning every day. I have also learned and have had first-hand practice at marketing. I am a public relations and advertising major, and I learned all about the use of media. I create original content for the company for all social platforms. I promote sales and am part of different campaigns. I work with the design and product team and test out products before items hit the store. Lastly, I plan events that go along with campaign promotions. I have always wanted to be an event planner ever since I was a little girl. I love creating ideas and bringing experiences to life. Events are made to create experiences and bring campaigns or products to life for customers. I have learned the best way to communicate with others and reach out to sponsors. Also, how to be organized, efficient, and lead a team in the best way. Being a campus representative taught me so much. I could not be more grateful. 

Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.