This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

After the brief glaze of small talk about Spring Break and the beginning of the term chatter, the conversation settles to a discussion about Winter term. In addition to the common stressors and existential challenges, Winter term is notoriously the most difficult term between challenging courses and winter blues. A combination of symbolism and comfort is provided between the blooming flowers, the call of the Willamette for river days, and the overall activity on campus on warm day.

Spring is a time of reflection, growth, and beauty. There is new opportunity to reflect and enjoy the final term of the year. I hope for all my peers that you don’t let this opportunity to waste away: read for those extra ten minutes, opt for salad and smoothie, attend that baseball game, day rage, and club event. Show up, be present, but in additional continually show gratitude and appreciation toward yourself and the environment around you. For those who barely made it through Winter term, I wish you a lighter schedule, plenty of sun, and an abundance of opportunity. Make of the most of many lasts and don’t forget your sunscreen.

Elissa is a sophomore studying Arts Management at the University of Oregon. In addition to being senior editor of Her Campus Oregon, she is recruitment coordinator and campaign co-director for Climate Justice League, a member of Music Industry Collective, and works as a barista. When she's not hiking or watching documentaries, she's creating collages and dope Spotify playlists. In the future she hopes to travel the world and work for a major music festival. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account