Visiting Los Angeles Over Winter Break? Here Are Some Fun Things to Do!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

This one is for all of you who are going to be in the beautiful and sunny Los Angeles for winter break! Having been born and raised in Los Angeles, I have become accustomed to some must-see places when visiting. 

1. Los Angeles Zoo Lights

The Los Angeles Zoo hosts a nighttime holiday light experience for the public! Purchase a ticket and head over to the LA Zoo for a magical animal-themed light show. Not only do you get to be surrounded by animals, but you also experience 3D projections. 

2. Ice Skating

Who says you need real snow to ice skate? Thankfully there are multiple ice skating rinks in Los Angeles during the holidays. Head over to Santa Monica or the Downtown District and enjoy some hot cocoa with your friends and family. 

3. Drive to Malibu and enjoy a winter sunset

The awesome part about Los Angeles is that we get sun year round! Regardless of the season, the beach is still amazing. Grab some food on the way, lay out a blanket, and enjoy the ocean breeze. If you are in the mood for some shopping too, check out the Malibu Country Mart where they have different stores and restaurants.  

4. Hike to the Hollywood Sign in Griffith Park 

Nothing says Los Angeles better than a hike to the Hollywood Sign. Don’t miss out on the chance to be behind the 45-foot-tall letters, where your reward is the exceptional view of downtown Los Angeles. With different trail options, you are given the opportunity to explore Griffith Park while enjoying the sunshine. 

5. Get educated while still relaxing

Feeling like you need something educational? Lucky for you Los Angeles has numerous museums and sometimes entry is free! Click this link to see a list of all free museum days. My personal favorite is LACMA – Los Angeles County Museum of Art. (http://www.welikela.com/handy-list-free-museum-days-los-angeles/

Hi! My name is Adrianna Grigorian and I am a Junior at the University of Oregon majoring in Public Relations. Originally from Los Angeles but loving all the green here in Oregon!
The official Her Campus Oregon account