Upcoming Concerts in Eugene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It’s only been a few weeks since winter break came to an end, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been hectic here on campus. Winter term has officially begun, and with the ever-growing amount of time spent on tests, papers, and study sessions at the library, it’s nice to have a break now and then. Going out to dinner or watching a movie are typical choices for escaping from the craziness. There is one option, however, that often goes overlooked. It’s the concert scene, and Eugene surprisingly has an impressive array of music venues.

There are currently a bunch of popular artists that are hitting up our area the next few months; here’s the updates on who’s going to be here and when.

UO’s On The Rocks and OSU’s Outspoken are going to be performing at the McDonald Theater. These highly acclaimed A Cappella groups have grown tremendously over the years, with On The Rocks even making it onto the last season of NBC’s hit show The Sing Off!

Who: Oregon A Cappella w/ On The Rocks & Outspoken

When: Saturday, February 11, 2012. Doors open at 7 p.m. Show begins at 7:30 p.m.

Where: McDonald Theater

Tickets: $12 at all Safeway TicketsWest outlets, and online at TicketsWest. Tickets day of show will cost $15.

Mat Kearney
is known for his laid back, acoustic based style of music. Originally from Eugene, OR, Mat has gone and toured with artists such as Train, The Fray, and Jason Mraz.

Who: Mat Kearney

When: Saturday, February 18, 2012. Doors open at 7 p.m. Show begins at 8 p.m.

Tickets: $20 at all Safeway TicketsWest outlets, online at TicketsWest, and online at mcdonaldtheatre.com. Tickets day of show will cost $23. 

Appealing to music fans of all genres, reggae band Rebelution
has collaborated with producers of Bob Marley, Ziggy Marley, and Zion-I for their newest material. In addition, their first full-length album Courage to Grow has been in the top 10 iTunes Reggae album sales since its release four years ago!

Who: Rebelution

When: February 23, 2012. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Show begins at 8:30 p.m.

Where: McDonald Theater

Tickets: $20 at all Safeway TicketsWest outlets, online at TicketsWest, and online at mcdonaldtheatre.com.  Tickets day of show will cost $23.

For any fans of the bands Rooney or Weezer, this show is a must see!

Who: Robert Schwartzman (of Rooney) with The Relationship feat. Brian Bell (of Weezer)

When: Saturday, March 17, 2012. Doors open at 8:30 p.m. Show begins at 9:00 p.m.

Where: WOW Hall

Tickets: $8 online at TicketWeb. Tickets day of show will cost $10.

And for all you country lovers out there, one of the biggest names in the industry is coming to our very own Matthew Knight Arena.

Who: Lady Antebellum: Own the Night 2012 World Tour

When: Wednesday, March 21, 2012. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Show begins at 7:00 p.m.

Where: Matthew Knight Arena

Tickets: $36-$79.50. Tickets can be purchased at MatthewKnightArena.com, at all TicketsWest Outlets, and at the Matthew Knight Arena Box Office.

Have fun, and be sure to get your tickets soon – popular concerts like these tend to sell out quickly!